Caprese Pasta Salad
This makes for a quick (yet fresh) weeknight dinner or summer dish. If you are like me, and want this for leftovers, tomorrow's lunch, etc., then it's easy to double or triple this recipe.
- 1 Pot To cook pasta
- 1 Large serving bowl
- 1 Salad Tongs
- 1 Knife
- 1 Cutting board
- 1 12oz Pasta Gluten free - see notes below
- 10 Cherry Tomatos
- 3/4 cup Fresh basil leaves Cut into smaller pieces
- 10 Small mozzarella "pearls" Cut in half if they are 1" in diameter
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 1 pinch Sea salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Minced garlic
- 1/8 Cup Balsamic vinegar
- Mix or whisk all ingredients in a small bowl or use a mason jar with lid and shake up. Add more vinegar or S/P to desired taste. Let it marinate while prepping other ingredients.
- Heat large pot of water until boiling
- Cook Pasta as directed
- Once strained, cool by running cold water over noodles
- Place in a serving bowl
While Pasta Cooks
- Cut basil, mozzarella and tomatoes
- Top cold pasta with basil, tomatoes and mozzarella
- Pour dressing on top and use tongs to mix together.
Are you gluten free? Here are some that I have tried. Here are some brands: Cappello's (fresh or frozen almond flour base - cooks fast!), Jovial, Tinkyada, Bionaturae, and Ancient Harvest
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!