Chocolate Black Rice Pudding
This is SO easy and so yummy! This recipe is inspired by my friend who made a similar version for me. She ate a non-chocolate version and decided to make it for my family when we visited her, but a chocolate version! She knows me too well!What's even more cool is the health benefits of black rice "Forbidden Rice", including anthocyanins (antioxidant), lutein, fatty acids and more! Check this out: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/forbidden-rice-benefits/This is like rice pudding and can be tweaked in multiple ways to fit your palette. I've included a few ingredient variations below.I serve this warm and reheat leftovers, but it could be eaten cold as well. Keep in mind, it's filling! Small servings are best, especially if eaten after a meal.
- 1 Small sauce pan
- 1 Medium sized mixing bowl
- 1 cup black rice organic is best
- 1 can full fat coconut milk Or can of coconut cream. The thick cream is the best part for this recipe!
- 2-3 Tbsp baking cocoa powder Start with 2 and add more based on how chocolatey you want it.
- 2-4 Tbsp raw honey Start at 2 Tbsp, taste test, then add more until you get to your desired sweetness level
- 2 Tbsp chocolate chips (optional) I use 60-80% dark chocolate
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional) Added nutrients, but also makes for a thicker pudding as it absorbs moisture
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
Optional Serving Topping:
- 2 cup Coco Whip or non-dairy whipped cream (optional) for serving
- Cook black rice in water as directed
- Add in additional ingredients and mix. Remember to start low on the cocoa and honey to get it to the chocolate and sweetness level you desire.
- Divide into bowls, top with whipped cream and sprinkle chocolate chips, if desired
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!