This a simple and healthy Fall favorite at my house. It has become a request at Thanksgiving dinner too. (You won’t believe how good it is on some warm dinner rolls.) The best part, it’s easy and not like that store bought canned stuff we have eaten over the years. Plus, this stuff is SO good on pancakes, toast, yogurt, or just by itself (yep, I have eaten it for dessert. Yum!) This recipe needs so little effort and attention while it cooks. Plus, you can make it ahead of time too.
Easy Apple Cranberry Sauce
- 1 container fresh cranberries usually about 1-1.5 cups
- 2 small-med apples of choice I recommend one on sweeter side – I use honeycrisp, pink lady or gala
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon or to taste
- 1.5 Tbsp of raw honey or to taste, but taste and add once cooked down
- 1 cup water
- Chop apple into small (1/2 inch pieces)
- Add all ingredients to sauce pan or small crockpot
- Let cook for 45 min in pan or 1.5-2 hours in crockpot
- Once cooked down, add extra cinnamon or honey as you desire, then cook for another 10 min to combine flavors
- Once mostly cooled, store in a sealable container (I prefer glass like Pyrex)
- Store in fridge for up to 2 weeks
- Make this ahead of time for family holiday dinner.