Nut Butter and Oat Protein Energy Bites
These are a go-to for a busy family or person on the go!. They are also loaded with all natural ingredients, healthy fiber, fat and protein. These little buggers will fill you fast! They are great for breakfast or a quick snack. Kids love them too! We have some packed when we are heading to a kid's sporting event or when I know I will have one of my boys say "I'm hungry."There is NO cooking for these. Just use a mixer or some arm muscles to mix all the ingredients together. The kids also love to help roll them into balls!
- 1 mixer
- 1 Large bowl
- 1 Rubber spatula
- 1 Large storage container with lid
- 2 cups whole oats
- 1 cup nut butter of choice Add an extra spoonful if batter seems dry when all mixed. (I use REAL peanut butter that has no added sugars.)
- 3 Tbsp. honey add more if you prefer more sweet
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds Add 1 Tbsp to mix and save rest for coating
- 2 Tbsp. maca powder Optional (For added energy boost - see article link below in notes)
- 2 Tbsp cocao nibs Optional (For energy boost, nutrients and crunch - see article link below in notes)
- 3 Tbsp shredded coconut Optional - add for coating
- Put all dry ingredients (including any "optional" ingredients you chose) into mixing bowl
- Mix until well blended (10-15 seconds)
- Add honey and nut butter, then mix again on low speed for about 1 minute or until well blended. The mix will be lumpy but stick together well. Add more nut butter or honey to taste or if mix seems too dry
- Taste test the batter. 😉
- Use a small regular spoon to scoop out batter. Roll in hand, dip into chia seeds and/or coconut shreds
- Place in large storage container
- I leave closed container on counter for a few hours when they may be eaten, otherwise I store them in fridge.
- Chia Seeds:
- Ancient Aztec food known as “ultimate runners food” – increase oxygen uptake, impede dehydration, and create sustained energy for longer periods of time.
- Contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- 20% protein and high in magnesium (for muscles)
- Hold 10x their weight in water
- Info Article: https://draxe.com/nutrition/chia-seeds-benefits-side-effects/
- Cacoa Nibs: High in magnesium to help muscles, high nutrients and energy enhancement
- Info Article: https://draxe.com/nutrition/cacao-nibs/
- Maca Powder: Energy enhancement. Excellent in protein, fiber and multiple vitamins and minerals.
- Info Article: https://draxe.com/nutrition/maca-root-benefits/
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!