A creamy and “cheesy” hot vegan dip that the whole family loved. My two young boys devoured it! I served it with warm gluten free bagel pieces. This was inspired by our favorite dip from a local pizza place. I wanted to see if I could make a similar one without the dairy. It turned out great and didn’t last long!
Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 1 can artichokes
- 1 large handful fresh spinach leaves you can use frozen if desired
- 1.5 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 8oz container vegan cream cheese I used Kite Hill brand
- 1 yellow or sweet onion chopped
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked in water
- 2 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt and pepper
- 5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Soak cashews in about hot water (enough water to just cover the cashews) for at least 20 min utes (1 hour is ideal)
- While cashews are soaking, chop onion
- Heat skillet on medium heat with vegan butter or coconut oil. Add onion, garlic and salt/pepper . Cook until onions are softened (5-8 minutes). Remove from heat once done.
- Use a medium sized casserole baking dish and add drained artichokes, spinach and cream cheese.
- Once cashews are ready, DO NOT drain water. Add water and cashews to blender. Add nutritional yeast to cashews and blend till smooth and looks creamy.
- All ingredients to the casserole dish and mix well.
- Bake at 400 degrees, covered with foil for about 20-30 minutes, depending on oven.